MSTS Activity Editor "Loses" AI/Static Consists
Repair Method If You're Using Windows 7
MSTS Activity Editor "Loses" AI/Static Consists - they exist, but they don't show up in the AE. This error is caused by corrupt registry keys.
Read on here if you're using Windows 7.
- Click Start | Run Type in "regedit" Ok:
- Type in "regedit" and click Ok:
- First make a back-up: Click File | Export; select "All" radio button, then enter a filename and click "ok" (arrows 1, 2, 3 below);
- There are at least three places that contain the reigistry keys we will need to delete: Click Edit | Find Type in "hwrender" and click OK:
- The first location is within the HK_Current_User folder:
- In the right-hand window, click, then shift-click to select all registry keys starting with "AE_". Right-click and select "Delete".
- Answer "Yes":
- Press "F3" or Edit | Find Next from the menu bar: the next locations are in HK_Local_Machine and HK_Users (there may be two different keys within HK_Users). Each time, in the right-hand window, click, then shift-click to select all registry keys starting with "AE_". Right-click and select Delete | Yes.
Press "F3" or Edit | Find Next from the menu bar until you see this message:
- Click "ok" then close the Regedit window (click on red "x"). The AE registry keys will be regenerated next time you start Activity Editor.