South Australia: Mid-North And Barossa Route
Route design by Michael Cameron
Extraordinarily detailed and extensive route. The route comprises the following main lines:
- Kapunda, and
The branch line from Plush's Corner to the Penrice mine is also included. The three major goods yards at Mile End, Dry Creek and Gillman are included.
Driveable mainline: approximately 200 miles (320 km).
© Google Maps
Prototype Operator: South Australian Railways and its successors
Copyright: any and all issues have been resolved.
File download names and links
Complete Install: (single large data file version) best suited to users on broadband internet (data file is 514 MB).
Note there are two files:
Complete Install: multi-part version suitable for users on dial-up internet acess (each part is ~50 MB).
Note there are eleven files:
- The two versions ARE identical - only the method and size of file preparation varies.
- This method of installer preparation reduces the time Vista, Windows 7 and some anti-virus programs may take to scan the EXE file.
- You may need to right-click and "Save Link/Target As" on the .D0x files to save them to your hard disk instead of having them open in your browser.
- Read "Additional Files Required" further down this page: you will require more files.
Single large data-file version:
suitablee for broadband users or time-unlimited dial-up users:
.EXE file: 1.42 MB (1,496,138 bytes) .D01 file: 514 MB (539,883,901 bytes)
Suited for users on dial-up internet access, the installer is divided into eleven sections (all less than 50MB, the general dial-up time/bandwidth limit):
.EXE: 49.9 MB (52,428,782 bytes) .D01-.D09: 50.0 MB (52,428,800 bytes) .D10: 18.5 MB (19,419,080 bytes)
Additional Files Required
- Download the two (or eleven for multi-part) files linked above; ensure both (or all eleven for multi-part) files are in the same folder in your PC.
- You must have all six default routes installed BEFORE running this installer. The routes just need to be present: they DO NOT need to be unstored if you use Trainstore, nor do you need to activate them if you use Route Riter's ON/OFF utility.
- You must have Xtracks 3.20 or higher installed.
- You must have Newroads 4.0 or higher installed.
- You must have Scaleroads Public beta installed.
- Run the installer by double-clicking on the EXE file (do not touch the data file - .D0n - the installer EXE will load the data pack itself). In the case of the multi-part installer, double-click on the EXE file to commence installation (do not touch the data files - .D01 to .D10 - the installer EXE will load the data packs itself).
The route will occupy about 980 MB of hard disk space. The installer is automatically set to "Run As Administrator" for Vista and Windows 7 users.
- Allow the batch file to run to completion. If you do not see this batch file run in a DOS box, you most likely are a Vista or Windows 7 user. TURN OFF "User Account Control" (Start | Control Panel | User Accounts | Turn User Account Control On or Off); then right-click on the installme.bat file in the Route folder and set "Run As Administrator". The batch file should now run correctly.
- The first time you run this route, there will be a considerable delay as MSTS "generates terrain buffers" - this is a one-off and subsequent use of this route will load normally.
Waiting for a train - Barossa Valley.
Chateau Tanunda complex.
Overland winds its way out of Adelaide yard.
A 520 class near Womma.